What positive role does day camp play on Children?
How does it impact their success in their future?
The summer camp phenomenon can trace its roots to early 1900s American culture. Statistics show that 5 million children go to camp every summer. The number of day camps in the U.S. has grown by nearly 90% in the past 20 years, totaling 5,000 today. We must be doing something right.
- Camps help children grow a lot and learn about themselves
- Camp helps build self-confidence and self esteem
- Camp is a safe environment
- Camp is a place to build social skills and make friends
- Camp teaches independence and leadership skills
- Camp gives social and emotional growth
- Camp helps with healthy adolescent development
- Camp teaches skill building
- Camp encourages supportive relationships
- Camp helps children with their positive identity
- Camp gives them confidence to be more adventurous and try new things
- Camp give the parents assurance that their child is having fun in a safe and secure environment, along with positive and fun activities.
- A camp that is affiliated with LICAPS is tuned into the quality that Long Islanders have come to expect.
Rest assured that a camp with the LICAPS affiliation at the local level, New York State Camp Directors Association at the state level, and American Camping Association at the national level is a camp of true quality and commitment to the highest professional standards.
- LICAPS members have the benefit of working along side camp directors with more than 50 years of experience and commitment to staff education, training and safety.
- LICAPS camps must meet and maintain Department of Health requirements. If you see the LICAPS logo you know your child's safety and well being are of the utmost importance.
- LICAPS continues to serve the Long Island communities with exceptional leadership in the field of camping.
It takes a community to raise a child and the summer camp community can play a starring role in our young people’s lives. Children need to learn from a multitude of venues and camp is a living, breathing, hands on adventure. A safe, positive camp experience can make a difference in a child’s life, forever changing it for the better. What child wouldn’t benefit from the fun and structured freedom camps provide?
Why choose a LICAPS camp?
LICAPS camps hold themselves to a high standard of excellence in programming, safety and ethical business practices.